Spring Weather for England
• Spring averages +13°С / humidity 80%
• highest was +22°С
• lowest was -4°С
• expected – +13°С
The spring weather is changeable. At the beginning of the season it gets warmer, but it is still cloudy and foggy. It rains in April, but happen sunny days. Strong winds are on the coastline. The most rainless month is March.
Downtime in England in Spring
Spring in England is a low time. The high season starts in May, with the largest number of tourists. Prices for bed and breakfast, as well as for fun time rise by the end of the season.
Visitors sightsee with great interest:
• Cambridge University is a classic old English university with a medieval atmosphere. Location: Old Schools, Trinity Lane, Cambridge city
University of Cambridge Museums:
o The Fitzwilliam Museum – a museum of art and history. Opening hours: 10 am - 5 pm, Sunday is a day off. Free entry – donations welcomed
o The Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences. Opening hours: 10 am - 5 pm, Sunday is a day off. Free entry – donations welcomed
• York Minster is the largest Medieval Temple in Northern Europe. Location: York Minster, Deangate, York City. Ticket price starts at ~€ 13. Opening hours: Monday-Saturday 9:00 am - 4:30 pm, Sunday 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm.
• Albert Dock is a complex of dock buildings and warehouses, turned into a trendy complex with museums and restaurants. Opening hours: 24/7. Location: 3-4 The Colonnades, Liverpool city
Sights in the complex:
o Tate Liverpool Gallery. Opening hours: daily 10:00 am - 5:50 pm, December 24-26 day off. Free admission
o The Beatles Story Museum. Ticket price: ~€ 19 adult, ~€ 12 5-15Y. Opening hours: daily 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
o Merseyside Maritime Museum. Opening hours: daily 10:00 am - 5:00 pm, closed on 24-26, 31 December and January 1. Free admission
Tourists supper in the unusual London restaurants:
• Sarastro Restaurant is a catch for opera lovers. Location: 126 Drury Ln, Holborn, London. There is a stage, tables with red velvet tablecloths, balconies and cozy cabinets for privacy in the ritzy hall.
Live music every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Average dinner will cost ~€ 70-100
• Dans le Noir Restaurant offers dinner or tastings in total darkness. Location: 30-31 Clerkenwell Green, Farringdon, London. Average dinner will cost ~€ 110
o 5 wine brands. Dates: every first Monday of the month. Price: ~€ 28 per person
o 5 wine brands with snacks. Price: ~€ 43 per person for groups of 6 people and more
o 5 beer brands with snacks. Price: ~€ 32 per person for groups of 6 people and more
Guests of the country name the best markets of the Britain island:
• Leicester is a market for clothing, fabrics and woolen products. Location: 2-4 Market Place South, Leicester city. Opening hours: Monday-Saturday, 7 am - 6 pm
• St. Nicholas is a market for art and decor. Location: Corn Street, Bristol city. Opening hours: 9:30 am - 5 pm
• Portobello is a market for antique products and designer goods. Location: Portobello Road, Notting Hill, London. Opening hours: 9/10 am – 4/5 pm, depends on weather conditions
Outdoor enthusiasts get to National Parks on sunny days:
• The Exmoor Park has a unique landscape of swamps, forests, valleys and agricultural land, “medieval” villages, barrows, high cliffs and views of the Bristol Channel. For tourists: fishing, cycling, climbing, horseback riding, mountain biking. Location: Dulverton town. Opened for visiting: 24/7. Free admission
• Dartmoor Park is surrounded by rocky granite and stone formations, traditional English villages. For tourists: walking, canoeing, cycling, climbing, horseback riding and camping. Location: County Devon, South West England. Opened for visiting: 24/7. Free admission
• There are picturesque ponds, rare wild animals, swamps, forests and pastures in The Broads Park. For tourists: cycling, walking, biking, boating and fishing. Location: Norwich City. Opened for visiting: 24/7. Free admission
Packing List Items
To a spring England case: a waterproof raincoat, a long-sleeve turtleneck, a sweatshirt, leatherette trousers and comfortable no-heels shoes.
For strolling along the National Parks, choose: rustle less clothes to observe wildlife; waterproof shoes for wet grass, off the paved paths.
Smart casual style is best for the restaurants: a blouse, cotton elastic pants or costume jumpsuit of soothing colors.
The dreamiest place in Southern England is the Netley Abbey ruins. The largest residential castle in the world is Windsor. The most north-westerly point of Great Britain are the Lost Gardens of Heligan. The best solution is to buy tickets to England and find your most comfortable place in the Albion.