Italy Weather in Autumn
- Autumn averages is +18°С / humidity 71%
- highest was +27°С in 2001
- lowest was +3°С in 1965
- expected – +26°С
Italian fall begins gently and sunny but at the end of September is changed for the bad weather. In the middle of the season the sun is still peeping, mostly in the south. In the second half of the season is dull, frequent heavy rains.
Downtime in Italy in Autumn
Autumn in Italy is the end of the high and beginning of the low season already in October. There are fewer tourists. Excursion programs are richer and at competitive rates. Hotel costs are coming down.
One still can catch a beach holiday in Italy fall. The Tuscany beaches are available till the end of September:
- Beaches Forte dei Marmi
- Beaches Marina di Carrara
- Beaches in the Versilia area
September is a great month for Sicily with its best a bit crowded beach near San Vito Lo Capo. Trip can be combined with fascinating Sicily excursions, visiting:
- Archimedes’ homeland in Syracuse
- mafia center – Corleone
- diverse city – Palermo
A rainy day in Rome is spent on bus city tours:
- Rome sightseeing tour. Duration 2 hours, price is ~ € 15
- Rome panoramic tour. Duration 7 hours, price is ~ € 35
Tourists gladly inspect even in rough weather Florence's cathedrals, castles and museums:
- Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore at Via della Canonica 1. Entrance fee is € 18
- Palazzo Medici Riccardi at Via Cavour 3. Ticket costs € 7.5
- The Uffizi Museum at Piazzale degli Uffizi 6. Entrance fee March-October is €20, November-February is €12
Ski season starts in late November:
- Breuil-Cervinia, northwest Italy
- Passo Stelvio, on the border with Austria and Switzerland
Packing List Items
In Italy summer dresses, jeans, T-shirts, swimsuits, sunscreen and sunglasses is in need in the fall. Windbreaker and a cap are strongly recommended in the evenings. And waterproof jacket, hat and scarf must-have from the end of October.
Umbrella and waterproof shoes are better to have with you the season long.
Stock up on motion sickness pills, wet wipes and antiseptics in the country bus tours.
Travel options for hair dryer and iron will save your budget.
If you want to get to warm Italy in the fall and you do not mind to wait out the rains in small cozy cafes having a cup of delicious coffee – feel free to book tickets to Italy today!