German Weather in Summer
• Summer averages +23° С / humidity 62%
• highest was +39°С
• lowest was +9°С
• expected – +22°С
In summer it is clear and warm. No sweltering heat. Changeable weather is in June, more stable weather is in July and August. Frequent rainfall is typical for the whole season. Especially warm is in the south of Germany, it is colder – in the north. July is the warmest month.
Downtime in Germany in Summer
Summer is a high season in Germany. The biggest sales are in August. there are many tourists in the cities and sea resorts. Prices for holidays in the country are high.
Tourists improve their health in the best medical resorts in Germany:
• Bad Kissingen resort is situated in Bavaria. ~€2000 cover 2-week treatment with board and consultation by a specialist. There are 5 mineral springs to provide treatment for:
o digestive system
o respiratory diseases
o general body recovery
• Baden-Baden resort is situated in Schwarzwald region, south-west Germany. ~€700 cover 7-day treatment with board and consultation by a specialist. 2 thermal complexes provide treatment for:
o weakness and loginess
o musculoskeletal system diseases
o disorders of cardiac activity and blood circulation, etc.
Travelers choose a beach holiday time. As usual, beach admission is free or about ~€5. Among the best resorts are:
• Warnemünde is located on the Baltic Sea, in the northern part of the of Rostock city. Hotel price per night starts at ~€70
• Travemünde is located in the Lübeck area. Hotel price per night starts at ~€55
• Heringsdorf is located in the east of Germany. Hotel price per night starts at~€60
Visit the best galleries of the country:
• In Hamburg – Bucerius Kunst Forum at Rathausmarkt 2. Admission fee is €8
• In Nürberg – New Museum of Art and Design at Luitpoldstraße 5. Entrance fee is €13,5
• In Dresden – Old Masters Gallery at Theaterplatz 1. Entrance fee is €10
Go for fishing. License price starts at €10, can be bought at any fishing store. Great places for fishing:
• Some places in Berlin:
o Aalemann water canal
o Britzer water canal
o Bauernsee – lake in Berlin by the Airport Berlin-Schönefeld
• Lake Tomastaich in Mühlhausen, the north-west of Thuringia
• Brucknerweiher pond in Schwarzenfeld, Bavaria
Some choose river cruises on the Rhine, Elbe and Main. Prices: for 1 hour – €15, for 2 hours – €25
And combine with shopping tours about the country. Best places to shop are:
• In Dusseldorf:
o Karstadt Düsseldorf Shopping Center at Schadowstraße 93
o Peek & Cloppenburg clothing store at Berliner Allee 1
o TK Maxx Outlet at Peter-Müller-Straße 18
• In Berlin:
o Kaufhaus des Westens or KaDeVe at Tauentzienstraße 21-24
o Galeries Lafayette at Französische Straße 23
o Designer Outlet Berlin at Alter Spandauer Weg 1
Packing List Items
To the summer Germany you will need: shorts, T-shirts, jeans, swimsuit, hat and glasses.
In the evenings it will be cozy in a sweater and do not forget an umbrella.
For trip with kids: a lot of T-shirts, a few pairs of shorts, swimming trunks / swimsuit, tracksuit, jacket, slippers and sneakers.
To the health resort useful to have: clothing made from natural fabrics – cotton, flax; jeans, sweatshirts, flip-flops, fitness clothing and bathing accessories.
Rush into a wonderful summer with no heat, warm and short rains, great sales and combine your beach time with sightseeing! Book your tickets to Germany today!