Italy Weather in September
- September averages is +25°С / humidity 71%
- highest was +33°С in 2001
- lowest was +15°С in 1987
- expected – +26°С
Early September weeks are summertime at its best: it is warm, but not hot and velvet season is in full swing. The thunderstorms with lightning reminds of autumn at the end of the month.
Downtime in Italy in September
September is the final month of the high season. Italians go back to work after the holidays. Shops and stores work as usual again. The beaches are not overloaded anymore. Prices stay high until the end of the month.
Following holidays and festivals are held in September:
- First Sunday of the month in Venice – Historical Regatta. At 4 pm start at the San Marco quay – finish at Santa Lucia boat. Admission is free, VIP places are € 60
- September 8 in Monza, at Via Vedano 5, Italian Grand Prix. Ticket price starts at € 99
- In mid-September, High Fashion Week in Milan. Location – Fashion Show Center on Gattamelaat Street. No tickets available for sale. The number of guests is strictly limited.
- The second weekend of September – Rome White Nights festival. During the festival many museums and sights of the capital are opened for free visiting from 8pm, all night long
Italy returns to long walking tours, rides through the city, which are successfully combined with the beach time.
Packing List Items
To the September wardrobe, except for the summer dresses, swimsuits and sunglasses; be sure to add a windbreaker and a cap.
An umbrella and waterproof shoes come in handy in the second part of the month.
If your dream is to connect with the history of Italian towns, be in time to swim in a warm sea and price for a wonderful holiday does not matter – order tickets to Italy right now.