Italy Weather in Summer
- Summer averages is +35°С / humidity 75%
- highest was – +50°С in 2017
- lowest was – +25°С in 1977
- expected – +35°С
Summer in Italy is at first warm, sunny and pleasant. By the middle of the season the heat increases and at the end comes an exhausting time. A bit of rain and rewarding cool nights.
Downtime in Italy in Summer
Peak season in Italy lasts all the summer long. Prices shot up. Tourists are constantly arriving. Long lines to the sights. Sometimes it is difficult to find elbowroom at the beach.
A lot of iconic festivals and events throughout the season. Among them:
- In June, private function Milan Men’s Fashion Week takes place in various locations. No tickets off the ration list. The number of guests is strictly limited
- From July 6 through the end of the season summer brand sales across the country. Best sales are in Milan, Rome, Florence, Rimini
- June 19, 24 and 28 in Florence Costumed football match at Artemio Franchi stadium at Viale Manfredo Fanti 4
Events are accompanied by a variety of gastronomic and music festivals, horse racing. The season closes up with an exciting Venice Film Festival.
For beach holiday choose:
- Scala dei Turchi Agrigento, Sicily
- Positano in Salerno, Campagna
- Villasimius in Cagliari, Sardinia
Despite the heat, some tourists combine their beach rest with an ancient cities tour: Verona, Rome, Naples
Thermal resorts are gaining more and more popularity:
- Aquaria Thermal SPA in Sirmione, address Piazza Don A. Piatti 1
- Terme di Saturnia, province of Grosseto
- Fiuggi Terme, province of Fronsinone, address Via Anticolana, 78
Packing List Items
Such sunny season in Italy requires thin summer clothes: dresses, shorts, T-shirts, swimsuits, sunglasses, headwear, light clothes with a closed sleeve, open flat shoes, sneakers, sunscreen (!)
Fans of the underwater world need a mask for swimming
Be sure to pack a polo-neck shirt, especially needed at the beginning of the season.
Visiting temples and the Vatican obliges women to wear long skirts, cover their heads with a scarf; men should wear trousers or jeans, T-shirts (no muscle shirts).
If you like beach holidays with the parties till the sunlight, crowds of holidaymakers do not bother you, and you want to get a bronze tan in just a few days – book your tickets to the Italian summer right now!