Venice Weather in Fall
- Fall averages is +14° С / humidity 72%
- highest was +31°С in 1974
- lowest was +1°С in 1989
- expected – +14°С
Fall begins with comfortable temperature which lasts until the middle of the season. At the end of October cold autumn begins with frequent steady rains and rare good weather days. High probability of Venetian floods – acqua alta
Downtime in Venice in Fall
In Venice fall the high and beach season get to the end and come lull time. Fewer tourists outside. Shorter lines on the vaporetto and sights. Prices are reduced.
Cycling is popular on the Venice Lagoon islands: Lido, Sant Erasmo, San Michele, Torcello. Find services for renting bicycles on the Lido island. Average prices for the whole day rent:
- simple bike – €10
- double bike – €30
- family bike – €50 (4 seats)
Some prefer boat tours to the islands:
- Murano, Burano – € 20, duration 4-5 hours
- Murano, Burano, Torcello – € 25, duration 4-5 hours
Visitors like to see Venice from the air by helicopter. The service is available at the Lido airport. Price is from € 110.
Looking for the viewing platforms:
- Palazzo Fondaco de Tedeschi on Calle del Fontego street. Free admission
- Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo at Corte Contarina, del Bovolo, 4303. Entrance fee is € 7
- The Bell Tower of St. Mark and the Clock Tower in Piazza San Marco. Entrance fee is € 8 and € 12 correspondently
Choose beautiful city bridges for photosets:
- No handrails bridge Ponte Chiodo on the Rio di san Falice channel
- Three Arches Bridge at Fondamenta Cannaregio
- Fist fighting Ponte dei Pugni bridge by Campo San Barnaba, on the Rio Tera canal
- Arsenal Bridge in the Castello area
In cold weather tourists drop in the Venice bacaris / bars:
- Cà D'Oro alla Vedova at Ramo Ca 'd'Oro 3912
- Calle dei Do Mori at San Polo 429, works since 1462
- Ai Do Draghi at Sestiere Dorsoduro 3665
Have a glass of wine, for ~€3, with a tramezzini or Venetian sandwich, for ~€ 2
Packing List Items
In Venice fall best to have warm clothes: a jacket, a sweater, a sweater jacket, jeans, closed footwear, a hat, a scarf, an umbrella and rain boots.
For the velvet season: a swimsuit, sunglasses and a hat.
For Venice Film Festival closure: full dress and heels for women; dinner jacket for men.
To walk through historical places, to see the City of Water from a bird's eye view, to catch up the tender sunshine and to taste wines – order tickets to Venice today!